Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday

Word of the day : ordure
                                         : excrement, dung
                                         : something regarded as vile or abhorrent

Great day today in Milledgeville, Georgia.  Cute little college town.  Gabriel and I had a good time visiting the home and farm of the great American writer Flannery O'Connor and visiting the cemetery she is buried in.  We all enjoyed our Five Guys in Macon too. 

Quickly, here are my NFL picks for Sunday.  Maybe I'll fare better this week: 

- Washington over Cincinnati 
- Chicago over St. Louis
- Buffalo over Cleveland   (oh, hell, who knows?)
- Dallas over Tampa Bay
- Detroit over Tennessee
- Indianapolis over Jacksonville     (this week's Who-Cares game...)
- New York Jets over Miami
- San Francisco over Minnesota     (though I'm getting the distinct waft of upset here...)
- New Orleans over Kansas City
- Philadelphia over Arizona       (a surprising Big Game)
- Atlanta over San Diego           (good match-up)
- Denver over Houston             (best game of the day)
- Pittsburgh over Oakland
- New England over Baltimore    (when do either of these teams lose two in a row)
- Green Bay over Seattle       (closing out a weekend of great games)

- I don't have too much today, but I do want to let you know that I might start another website - keeping this one of course - that is just devoted to books and book reviews.  I'll let you know.  For the time being, I'm not doing any book reviews on this site.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment